February 10, 2014

Coconut Oil and Pink Salt Hand Scrub

Using a combination of coconut oil and pink Himalayan salt as a DIY scrub makes my hands soft and smooth better than any store bought product I've tried. I'm a huge fan of coconut everything and really love the smell of it. I suppose you could substitute olive oil for the coconut oil and regular old table salt instead of the pink stuff, but that isn't very fun. Use whatever works for you though! My current hand/nail routine incorporates this DIY skin softening method about once every week or so.

skincare at-home DIY


Directions:
Do this over the kitchen sink... it can get messy.

Scoop about a tablespoon each of coconut oil and pink salt into your hands. Your body heat will melt the coconut oil as its melting point is about 76 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Pretend like your hands are extra super dirty and scrub scrub scrub them together. 

Pay close attention to your cuticles. This is my favorite way to make sure they're properly hydrated and pushed back. I've been told it isn't a good idea to clip your cuticles, but rather push them back instead. 

Rinse with warm water then hold the back of your hand up to your cheek and feel how soft it is!! Use soap if you are planning on polishing your nails afterwards. Otherwise the residual oil will help to keep your paws moisturized. 


No comments:

Post a Comment